Friday 26 October 2012

Quick Review: Yves Saint Laurent Lipsticks

 
 
 
 

(L to R) YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Rose Culte & Forbidden Burgundy - £23.50
YSL Candy Volupte Lipstick in Succulent Pomegranate - £23.50


Here is my collection of YSL lipsticks. I really like how all three of these different formulations feel on the lips. The Rouge Volpte ones (first two pictured above) don't have all that great staying power, however in my opinion the packaging and colour payoff more than makes up for this. The downside is the price; £23.50 is a lot to pay for a lipstick, though I do think owning even one of these is a luxury and worth shelling out the money for.

The Rouge Volupte Perle lipstick is a lovely pinky-beigy colour. It feels similar to the other Rouge Volupte lipsticks but a bit heavier on the lips. The effect of this is that it lasts much longer on the lips. I do like the formulation of this lipstick more, but they don't have the same beautiful shades like Rose Culte and Forbidden Burgundy.

The one on the very right is the YSL Candy lipstick. These are nice if you don't want a bold lip colour and you don't need a mirror to apply them (you do with the others). Again I do like these, but not as much as the others because of the shade range, though this probably has more to do with the fact that these lipsticks are meant to be sheer.

I hope you enjoyed this little review. How did you get on with these lipsticks? I'd love to know what other shades from these ranges you'd recommend!

- Serena

1 comment:

  1. I have the Rouge Volupte Perle in 108. It's really nice, baby pink colour. Makes every make-up look interesting.

    ReplyDelete